Terms And Conditions
Below are terms and conditions of the Maldives Business and CX Awards. If you would like to discuss more, please contact using the contact details given this is website.
The following terms shall have the following meaning throughout these terms and conditions:
- ‘awards means the Maldives Business & CX Awards.
- ‘services’ means those services which are provided by CXFO or its affiliates or partners to provide the awards and generally refers to the processes, web and personal services for entry into the awards, becoming a judge and attending the awards finals and presentations.
- ‘customer’ means the person or persons whose name appears on the appropriate form for entering an initiative, becoming a judge or attending the awards and includes all their appointed representatives.
- ‘company’ means Maldives Customer Experience Foundation (CXFO) whose registered office is at Ma. Aapiya, Male’ Maldives
- ‘parties’ means the customer and the company when referred to jointly.
- ‘awards forms’ means any official form which constitutes part of the process of entry, becoming a judge or booking to attend the awards, as either web forms or hard or soft copy.
The Company Agrees
- to provide the awards and services and to ensure the customer benefits from doing so to the best of its ability and in good faith.
- to provide the customer with the awards forms and processes to enable them to enrol in the awards for the reasons that they wish to do so.
- to provide the appropriate support and opportunities to communicate with the company in the event that the customer wishes to do so.
- to seek feedback from customers to improve the awards and services to the best of their ability.
The Customer Agrees
- that they wish to participate in the awards and wish to benefit from the services provided to the customer in the manner that the company determines.
- to comply with the rules or guidelines as provided by the company from time to time to enable them to participate in the awards and benefit from the services.
- that they are authorised to apply for the services
- to pay for the services as per the terms and conditions set out herein and in particular the terms of payment section.
TRUE & ACCURATE REPRESENTATION – THE CUSTOMER WARRANTS THAT
- all information provided by the customer in applying for an award or for the services is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.
- they are entitled to submit such information as is required and in the event that they are an agent or a representative of third parties they will indemnify the company from any complaint arising from any misrepresentation.
WHO CAN ENTER?
Anyone, as long as the business, individual or discipline involved in the submission relates to it. There are plenty of categories to choose from. Get in touch if you need some help deciding which category is the right one for you.
WHAT IS THE PERIOD OF ELIGIBILITY FOR THE AWARDS?
For entries to the 2018 awards, at least part of the campaign should have taken place during 2017.
HOW DO I ENTER THESE AWARDS?
Once you have decided which category(ies) you would like to enter, you will need to complete the enter the awards online form along with the submission of your case of recognition should be uploaded via the web link within the registration.
If you are selected as a finalist, you will need book your entry to the Gala Award event as follows:
- Individual or Special categories should take at least one seat to confirm their finalist place
- Business categories should take minimum 5 seats to confirm their finalist place
Note: If any of the finalish fails to book their place for the gala event, the finalist opportunity will be awarded to the next highest scoring individual or business.
WHAT SHOULD MY ENTRY INCLUDE?
You need to complete all of the sections within the scoring criteria. The questions are based on a set of 5 criteria, as below.
- Drivers for change
- The Business or CX Change/Improvement
- Business Results & Impact
- How success was achieved
We recommend you provide supporting visual or other non-written evidence to supplement your written entry. We will also require your company logo for use in our brochure, website and app.
WHAT ARE YOUR POLICIES ON CONFIDENTIALITY?
- All information submitted will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Any information which is readily available in the public domain or becomes available in the public domain after the submission of the entry will be exempt from the above.
- All staff or persons who are in connection with the operation of the awards will be required to see or review information provided by the customer will be subject to an agreement of confidentiality.
- No information will be provided to third parties not involved in the running of the awards without the written consent of the customer.
- To ensure that all records of customer information are retained securely and kept strictly confidential.
CAN I ENTER THE SAME PROJECT INTO MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY?
This is an excellent way of maximising your chances of winning! Putting your entry in front of different judges will also enable you to get more feedback.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT FOR ENTRIES?
We need to receive payment from you in order to book your place in the initial entry for Judging or Book your place at the Awards Gala Night
WHEN WILL THE SHORTLIST OF FINALISTS BE ANNOUNCED?
The finalists will be announced before end of Ramadan 2018
WHO DECIDES IF WE WIN?
You will be scored on your written entry by an impartial panel of up to 6 judges. The judging/scoring criteria can be downloaded on website
WHAT DO WE WIN?
Recognition for being one of the front runners in business excellence in your industry or discipline. The announcement of your award made in front of hundreds of peers and judges and your organisation placed in the winners’ gallery on the awards website. You will also receive a winner’s trophy and winner’s logo for use on your website, stationery, marketing and social media.
IF WE DO NOT WIN, WILL WE GET ANY FEEDBACK?
Yes. You will all receive your evaluation feedback report with your scores and written feedback approx. 2 weeks after the awards finals and presentations. You will be able to see how you scored against your fellow finalists.
WHEN AND WHERE ARE THE AWARDS TAKING PLACE?
The Maldives Business & Customer Experience Awards 2018 will be held just after Ramadan 2018
TERMS OF PAYMENT?
- The customer agrees to pay the price for the services as per the terms of payment as advertised on the website http://cxawards.mv
- In the event that the customer does not comply with the terms and conditions the CXFO reserves the right to withhold the services. This may mean, but may not be limited to, any of the following – where this forms part of the agreement between the parties:
- the customer may not be considered as a finalist or winner
- the customer may not have their profile listed on the website nor use the assets for the awards for publicity
- the customer may not attend the awards
- the customer acknowledges that failure to submit awards forms according to the rules and guidelines does not cancel the agreement between the Parties.
THIS MEANS THAT THE company WILL CONTINUE TO COLLECT PAYMENT WHETHER AN ENTRANT OR AN ATTENDEE PARTICIPATES OR NOT, ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED WITH AN INVOICE OR SUBMITTED PAYMENT UNLESS:
- The customer cancels within 14 days, in the case of receiving an invoice, the date on the company’s invoice.
- no refunds will be given within 30 days of the date of entries closing or the awards finals
- dates of events and activities may vary from those advertised on the website or other marketing information.
- changes are at the sole discretion of the company
- there will be no communication between the judges and those submitting entries regarding judging criteria, process, and decisions on the winners.
- the judges’ decisions are final regarding all entries and the decisions on the winners.
- entry to the award places no obligation on the company that the nominator will receive an award.
- in the event that the awards event cannot be held for any reason at the mentioned venue or date, the company reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event or move it to a different venue. The company will notify the customer of any changes.
- the customer shall have no claim against the company in respect of any loss or damage consequent upon the activity or activities from failing to occur wholly or partially, for whatsoever reason save where such loss or damage is caused by the company’s negligence, fraud or wilful default. This includes postponement or cancellation of the judging or awards presentation event.
- the company may substitute other activities or events in place of planned events or activities for the awards, and in the event of such decisions, the company will to the best of its ability give prior notice to the customer.
- neither party to the terms and conditions shall without previous consent of the other party assign any rights or obligations here under, unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions.
- employees and agents for the company shall not in any circumstances be liable for consequential, indirect or special damages of any kind arising out of or in any way connected with the performance or failure to perform the awards services.
- should any member of the customer’s party behave in a manner that is unacceptable to the company at the awards presentations, they shall be asked to leave the event. In this case the customer will be liable to the company for payment in full for all or any expenses incurred and for any fees that may ordinarily have been due for attendance or participation in such activities.
- in such case the customer may also be liable for any damages or compensation for damages caused under the circumstances.
- the company will cooperate with all customers to the best of its ability in all matters.
- the company’s name and/or marques, branding or logo may not be used on promotional material for any form of publicity without the written consent of the company or the company’s representatives.
- the company will not be liable for any loss or damage to the property of the customer. In the case of loss or damage to property, it should be reported to the venue holders or the company at the time of discovery.
- nothing in these terms and conditions create legal rights, for, or enforceable by, any party other than the customer and the company.